Thursday, March 19, 2015

LINDEN LOVES SHARON


Contents:

Linden’s Legacy: updated 3-17-15
Commentary: updated Mon. thru Fri.
Mostly About Me: updated Mon. thru Fri.
Remember: updated 1-5-15

Linden’s Legacy:

My most recent Bless A Stranger effort, #15 in the series, can be found at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wov/wings-of-valor-honoring-americas-fighter-aces

St. Patrick’s Day brought additional support for my personal “Ireland Is Calling” planned September visit. Now, if my cost estimate is correct, it has been expanded from the originally planned 10 days to 15 days. My friends are a continuing blessing to me. 

Check Linden Swift at amazon.com to view his 3 print books and 7 Kindle E-books. Two of the print books each contain 3 of the Kindle books. Sowing Seeds of Faith is his most recent and is available both as a print book and as an E-book. Please check them out when looking for new reads or gifts.

Check Linden Swift at http://www.youtube.com for music and more.
-----
COMMENTARY: LINDEN LOVES SHARON
Niece of my good friends, we first met in Florida many years ago when she was probably about 13 years old, slightly older than Brian and Julie, It is possible that I saw her again since we visited there about every year. Although we have not had personal contact, we reconnected on the internet probably close to ten years ago Since then, she has edited several of my books and wrote one, “Caroline”, that I think is the best of it’s type I have ever read. Didn’t publish it though: should have. How could I not love someone who would, on St. Patrick’s Day, do as she outlines in the following note she sent me?

Dear Linden --

I finally submitted your name to the Indiana Authors Award folks (three days to spare!!!). This is what I told them:

Linden Swift has been writing books, poetry, songs, and stories, participating in writers groups, and volunteering as a "reading buddy" in elementary schools for many years. Now in his 80s, Linden is an inspiration to everyone who marvels at his inability to keep still. At an age when most people start to slow down Linden started a blog which he continues to update daily. He created a board game to be used by home schooling families to teach their children fiscal responsibility. He recorded a cd in which he sings songs that he wrote. His writing is opinionated, funny, and not easily categorized. He writes about faith, about politics, about his life and upbringing, about imaginary situations, cooking, sports -- you name it. He would represent The Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana Authors Award and the state of Indiana with honor and dignity.

Hope you win!!!

Love,
--Sharon
 -----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME       lswift8@aol.com
Wednesday began with me reading the note mentioned above: what a great way to start a day! Later, I had a wonderful bowl of grits at The Diner in downtown Plainfield, visited the Maple Hill Cemetery, went to the credit union, mailed my S Corp. taxes, stopped by church, then was inactive for a couple of hours. Had dinner and attended a study at church in the evening then Scott came over and got my printer to work again.
-----

REMEMBER

The democrats brought you Obamacare.
Obama, Reid, and Pelosi lead the forces of evil.
Hate crime laws should be overturned.
Baseline budgeting is a taxpayer insult. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home