Tuesday, February 2, 2016

JANUARY CHRISTIAN STUDIES

Contents:

Linden’s Legacy: updated 1-25-16
Commentary: updated Mon. thru Fri.
Mostly About Me: updated Mon. thru Fri.
Song Of The Day: updated Mon. thru Fri.
Remember: updated 6-29-15

Linden’s Legacy:

NEW 1-25-16: Link to my Bless A Stranger project #24:


To date 19 of the projects I have backed were successfully funded and 4 failed to meet their goal and received no funding.

Check Linden Swift at amazon.com to view his 3 print books and 7 Kindle E-books. Two of the print books each contain 3 of the Kindle books. Sowing Seeds of Faith is his most recent and is available both as a print book and as an E-book. Please check them out when looking for new reads or gifts.
Check Linden Swift at http://www.youtube.com for music and more.
-----
COMMENTARY: JANUARY CHRISTIAN STUDIES
Steve White presented four messages based on Genesis and one based on Joshua from the pulpit this month while John Lee presented four and Bill Furman one based on Psalms in the Vine and Branches Sunday School class.
I missed one Wednesday night but had a good dinner and attended a study the other three nights. Thursday breakfast devotions were led by me, Jack, Bill, and Chuck. Various scriptures were presented three times by Steve White and once by Bill Furman at our Friday morning Men's Prayer Breakfast.
Although I missed the monthly CDCMF meeting I did attend breakfast meetings at Chapel Rock and Kingsway churches.
-----
MOSTLY ABOUT ME lswift8@aol.com
I have often been embarrassed by my ability to shed a quick tear when I am touched by some event: it happened Monday after I picked up the contents of my home mailbox:






the first thing I saw was a picture of Rubye and I sitting on a bench in Biloxi, MS and attached was some of my writings from books I had written and/or published include, “An Old Man On The St. James Way, Bout Furteen Country Childern Rimes” and A Swift: Not Jonathan. There were other pictures of the two of us taken in Virginia, Maine, Canada, and Rubye's home here in Plainfield, Indiana. There were other pictures in an envelope of me, my family, one of Rubye taken in my apartment in 1998. There were copies of some of my writings attached to the first five pictures I viewed. I was touched and now think I know who put these treasures in my mailbox. I think the pictures are all associated with songs I have on You Tube.
My day started with breakfast at Chick-fil-A followed by picking up my post office mail, getting some Paczki treats at a grocery, getting a haircut, and sorting tax related papers. Dan and Diana came by in the late afternoon for coffee and conversation. I had a great day.
-----
Vern Gosdin will be the featured singer this week.

SONG OF THE DAY: Dim Lights Thick Smoke and Loud, Loud Music:
-----

REMEMBER

The democrats brought you Obamacare.
Obama, Reid, and Pelosi lead the forces of evil.
Hate crime laws should be overturned.
Baseline budgeting is a taxpayer insult.
Carly answers questions: Hillary does not.
SCOTUS: undeserving of respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home